Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What I Did For Love ...

I visit my Second Daughter on Monday's. Tonight, she made a simple salmon dinner with brown rice, which works well with my diabetes. It was a very good dinner. After dinner, she showed me the proofs of her photo shoot. She's doing some amateur modeling and she's very excited about it. She should be.  She is a very, Very beautiful young woman. The proofs she showed me were outstanding!

I haven't had the best day. I'm feeling old, forgotten, unlovely, and undesirable. When I was Debra's age, I wouldn't have been anywhere near as beautiful as she is, but... but... It doesn't really matter.



I gave up my best years so my First Daughter and my Son could have something like a normal Dad.



Tonight... tonight I am feeling the loss of those years, the times when I might have been beautiful and desirable.

It hurts...

It aches...

2 comments:

  1. We should dwell on "what ifs" only that what we were was more important than wishing we could go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should have said " We should NOT dwell on".

    ReplyDelete