Sunday, March 22, 2009

An introduction if I may...

I am a 56 year-old, transgendered or transsexual woman. I want to live the rest of my life as a woman. Living as a woman fits me better than trying to live as a man ever has. I have wanted to be a girl, and now a woman since I was very little. Like many others I got married thinking that I would be finally complete and not need to be a woman anymore. Nearly thirty years and two wonderful Christian children later... I am ready to “be nobody but [myself] in a world that's doing its best to make [me] somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle [I am] ever going to fight. [I’ll] Never stop fighting.” (e.e.cummings)

I have always tried to be a good boy, a good husband, a good father, a good Christian. But the definition of “a good...” was always everyone else’s definition. Now my goal is to be a good woman, a good partner, a better father [without the deceit I have necessarily practiced] and a good follower of the Way of Jesus, the Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment