Saturday, February 11, 2012

Apartment Hunting

I have been in my current apartment for more than 2-1/2 years -- the longest I've lived in one place as a single person. It's a nice little apartment; it fits my puppy, Xena, and me really well. When I came out this was the place I moved to. The location is really good; easy access to the freeway and shopping.

But my life has evolved with new activities and new friends. I am now spending $350-$400 a month driving to the Eastside to see my Second Daughter and other friends. So I am looking for a new place to live, hopefully between Redmond and Issaquah.

I have to be a little smarter about what I'm looking for. The apartment must have a washer/dryer hookup and must have a bathroom bigger than a postage stamp. A nice kitchen with lots of cupboard space and electrical outlets is something else I'm looking for.

I know I'm going to spend more money for anything I find and I will probably eat up the savings in gas with the new rent. But a perq of the new place will be much less time in the car and more time with my friends.

- Shannon Tucker
"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
e. e. cummings

Location:132nd St SW,Everett,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment