Monday, September 7, 2009

The Finished Product...

David says to Solomon, “This is the plan the Lord gave me. Be courageous and get to work. Don’t be frightened by the size of the task, for the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly.” [1 Chronicles 28:19-22]

Paul, to the Philippians, assures me that, “God, who began a good work within me, will keep on helping me grow in his grace until his task within me is finally finished.” [Philippians 1:6]

When I was young and starting over, I knew I wouldn’t stay down forever. I knew my life would improve, that things would get better. I have not had that confidence this time around. I have been discouraged, a lot by the blood clots, but life in general. I love my wife and miss her greatly. I have no one to lean on but Jesus, and, to be honest, I haven’t done that very often in my life. But he assures me that he is here and has a plan and he will complete his plan. I have to have courage. And I have to get to work on my life. Most of all, I have to trust that he is working according his blueprints, not mine.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment